In 140 characters? You must be kidding. Well, this is the reality. It’s time for HR to embrace Velocity – the speed and focus that will take HR to the future of business. #SHRMI15 was the hashtag that created this “Velocity”. To add to this, 700+ HR folks under one roof, made it even more special.
Was fortunate to attend this Grand Event aka India’s Premiere HR Conference. Wanted to take this opportunity to share some interesting insights that came out of this Conference. It ranges from John Mattone who coached Steve Jobs, to Laxmi N Tripathi , Founder Trustee & Chairperson – Astitva to TV Rao “The Father of Indian HRD” to CAPT. RAGHU RAMAN who zapped us all out of our seats, to Abhijit Bhaduri, the best story teller that I have ever heard.
So let the journey begin. These are some of the most interesting tweets that I came across during the event made in 140 characters. You read it right. One can learn loads via 140 Characters.
I am sure you would have loads to talk about these interesting insights. So what are you waiting for. Continue this conversation using #SHRMI15 and keep it going. We as HR folks need to have lot many conversations that will help us all take HR to the TOP of the table, where it really belongs.
It’s time to explore the 3rd WhatsApp Learning Group. In case you missed the Previous 2 Groups, you can read it right here : MTHR and SourcingAdda . So this 3rd Group too is popular and is always buzzing with loads of discussions. It’s time to take a look at what this group is all about and how they manage to engage with the WhatsApp Community.
HR Shapers WhatsApp Community was started way back in Feb 2014. They do have 2-3 admins per groups, which is a great way to manage WhatsApp Groups. They also do meet offline once in a while. This helps them to engage and learn from the group members too. They do have daily topic discussions on the group and also allow professionals to join as an guest on the day of Whatsappinar to learn and interact from SME guest speakers. In case you wondering what a ” Whatsappinar” is all about, you can read this interesting blog by Dr Nitin Paranjape
So let’s look at the list of all the HR Shapers WhatsApp Groups.
1. HR Shapers G1 – 80 Members
2. HR Shapers G2 – 80 Members
3. HR Shapers G3 – 80 Member
4. HR Shapers G4 – 80 Member
5. HR Shapers G5 – 50 Member
6. Pune G1 HR Shapers – 100
7. Pune G2 HR Shapers – 90
8. Fun G1 HR Shapers – 95
9. Bangalore HR Shapers – 65
10. Delhi HR Shapers – 50
11. Survey HR Shapers – 50
12. Hyderabad HR Shapers – 20
13. Chennai HR Shapers – 10
14. Ahmedabad HR Shapers – 10
15. Kolkata HR Shapers – 10
16. Fun G2 HR Shapers – 5
17. Advisory Board HR Shapers
18. Middle East Asia (MEA) HR Shapers – 50
19. USA Canada Europe (UCE) HR Shapers – 20
20. South East Asia (SEA) HR Shapers – 10
Total = Around 600+ Members
They also have conducted the following 14 Whatsappinar via these groups.
- HR Compliance (Part I ) by Pratik Vaidya, MD – Karma Management Consultants (Full Day – Sept 2014)
- HR Compliance (Part II) by Pratik Vaidya, MD – Karma Management Consultants (Full Day – Dec 2014)
- Diversity and Inclusion by Dr Saundarya Rajesh, Founder – President of AVTAR Career Creators and FLEXI Careers India (Full Day – Jan 2015)
- HR Assessment Tools & Techniques by Sundara Rajan, Director – Market Search India and Thomas Assessments India (Half Day – Jan 2015)
- Immigration by Poorvi Chothani, Managing Partner – LawQuest (Full Day – Jan 2015)
- NLP by Bipin Mayekar, Corporate Trainer & NLP GOLD Master Trainer (Full Day – Feb 2015)
- Mind Map – Invisible Selling by Dharmendra Rai, Mumbai’s First Mind Map Trainer (Half Day – Feb 2015)
- Office Efficiency Dr Nitin Paranjape, Founder and CEO – Maxoffice Services Pvt Ltd & one of MVP – http://efficiency365.com (Full Day – Feb 2015)
- POSH and Sexual Harassment at Workplace by Basil Almeida, Consultant – McKinsey & Company (Full Day – March 2015)
- IWD (In’tl Women Day) 9 Women HR Leader – (Full Day – March 2015)
- Lesson from 2 World Youngest CEOs by Sanjay Kumaran and Sharavan Kumaran / Kumaran Surendran (Full Day – April 2015)
- D&I initiative for corporate on LGBT by Pallav Patankar, Director HIV Programs – The Humsafar Trust (Half Day – April 2015)
- Chanakya Philosophy and its relevance in today’s corporate world by Dr Radhakrishnan Pillai, Corporate Chanakya and Founder Director – Chanakya Institute of Public Leadership (Full Day – April 2015)
- Success Mantra – Personal branding, image Enhancement and impressive executive presence by Greeshma Thampi, Chief Image Consultant and Director at Avancé Image Management (Full Day – May2015)
- Innovation & Creativity by Dr Sunil Gupta, Chief Innovation Instigator – Ideas Management Consultants (Half Day – June 2015)
- Engaging employee through Gamification by Siddhesh Bhobe, CEO – eMee & Business Head – Persistent (Full Day – June 2015)
HR Shapers Pioneer in Crash Course Whatsappinar on Corporate Readiness for Students and Professors
1st Batch of Students – NL Dalmia and ifeel Institute – Overall 7 Students (June 2015)
1st Batch of Professor – Launching soon (June 2015)
In case you want to join this vibrant learning community, you can get in touch with Ashish Gakery
Do let us know if you are part of such interesting WhatsApp Learning Communities. This will help us to include them in our next blog post.
It’s time for the second series of HR WhatsApp Learning Groups. In case you missed the 1st part, do check it right here – Not on Mute!!!! WhatsApp Learning Groups!!!
The next HR WhatsApp Learning Group is also an amazing place where HR Professionals connect, share and learn from each other. This Group has an interesting Name too. So enough of suspense, let’s take a look at what this group is all about and how do they engage with the HR Community on WhatsApp.
As mentioned earlier, they do have a very unique name – MTHR aka More than HR.
Their key beliefs are:
- “Knowledge is for Sharing”
- “There is a need to know more about everything”
- ” Learning through Fun”
- “Network to grow”
- ” Progress happens through learning beyond our Boundaries”
They have 5 WhatsApp Learning Groups with over 300 folks all set to learn and share. Meet the founders Rajesh Kamath, Ashish Gakrey, Vipul Agarwal, Rajesh Gupta and Keyur Jani of this Popular WhatsApp HR Community. Following are the details about their Learning Groups:
A) FOMTHR has whatsapp chats every month and random discussions every week. Currently 3 Admins and 75 members
B) MTHR Blore Friends: Consists of 100 HR professionals. It had 3 Admins who ensure there are daily discussions on HR/ Workplace themes.
C) MTHR Middle East Africa: This is specific to these geographies, new group with about 25 members and growing. Currently 2 Admins and they have Random discussions
D) Puneri MTHR : This is the newest with about 20 members and growing, just with professionals only from Pune.
E) MTHR CXO Forum: This group has 80 Leaders from HR and Business. They have Dialy discussions on Strategic And Global Workplace issues. Currently they have 3 Admins
Apart from this they also have Chats on all groups once a month with Experts on Themes of Mindpower, Leadership, Diversity etc . They also run a popular Tweet Chat #MTHRLeadX
So what are you waiting for!!! You can always get in touch with Rajesh Kamath in case you want to be part of this interesting WhatsApp Learning Community.
Do let us know if you part of any WhatsApp Learning Groups. We will cover them via this series of Posts.
Happy Learning and Sharing.
89% Recruiters have not shared Jobs / Openings in their Summary section!!!
This is what came out of a study done on 200 Recruiters LinkedIn Profile. Read more about the study right here: http://goo.gl/AfJHfj
So enough of promoting my previous Blog :) Let’s talk about this new blog. You might ask why is it important to have jobs being shared on Summary Section!! Right? So here are some of the points that might help you and also encourage you to work on your LinkedIn Summary Section:
– Well, we as recruiters are always on the hunt to tap talent.
– We should not forget that candidates do visit our LinkedIn Profile post your call.
– Your LinkedIn Summary is as good as your bio. With the limited attention span that we have, Summary works well to know all about you.
These points are the exact same reason why you should start working on your profile. Summary is an amazing place where you can showcase your personality. It’s a great place to highlight your work, achievements and experience. In short, it is “Your Unique Selling Proposition”
So are recruiters you have this opportunity to showcase all of the above points mentioned. But also one thing that we normally end up missing – Jobs, Openings, Requirements!!! Well, I know some of them do make use of LinkedIn Publishing Platform to post jobs. (LinkedIn Publishing Platform is not for Posting Jobs? Is it?) So let’s move on again and come back to the topic :)
How can you use your summary section to promote relevant jobs!!!
– Summary section is a great place to highlight the open positions that you are working on.
– Its helps candidates to right away know which positions are open.
– If they are interested, they can directly send across the resume. (Mention your mail ID)
– Showcase what skills you are hiring, so that it can also help candidates to share it with their friends who are working on similar skills.
– Make use of 2000 characters limit. Don’t just copy paste jobs, make it interesting, creative and attractive.
– You can’t use Ctrl-B nor can you use colors on the Summary section, but you can make the most by adding images, video, document, presentations
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and work on your summary section. For those who are not comfortable sharing open positions / jobs in the summary section can surely use it to share their overall experience, achievements etc. Looking forward to your views on this topic.
Sourcing Conference!!! You read it right. I started as a sourcer way back in 2005. Today if you ask me what’s my passion, I would still say “Sourcing” Yes I’m Proud to be a “Sourcer” | Are you!!!! I still recollect when I was Interviewed from my 2nd Job, the role was of an End to End Recruiter. I had been sourcing for 5 years, as it was tough for me to give an interview for a position of a Recruiter. But I did proudly say that I’m a Sourcer, I can source quality resumes and will pick up recruitment. Have seen many say during interviews that they are recruiters, even tough they are working as a Sourcer.
I still remember those days when we as sourcers used to be awake almost all night and attend SourceCon. It was our learning ground, it was a platform for all passionate sourcers who wanted to learn more about Sourcing. Since then, we all wanted to attend and be part of sourcing conference in India. And on 15th April, 2015, Sourcing Adda did make this dream come true. “India’s 1st and Biggest Sourcing Conference”
TASCON15 had some amazing speakers, speakers who I have learnt a lot and admire their passion for Sourcing. The event also had Sourcing Labs that gave the audience much more than gyan and live examples of how to make the most of sourcing tools. Such Sourcing Events are a must for this industry and it brings out the best practices and helps us learn and be updated.
I would personally like to thank Sourcing Adda and their entire team who came up with this amazing platform.
For those who were not able to attend India’s 1st and Biggest Sourcing Conference, following is the storify that would surely help you to know more about this conference. This collection of Tweets would give you loads of insights into the amazing world of Sourcing. : https://storify.com/kunjal23/tascon15
Also following is my deck aka PPT (A new jargon that I learnt recently) related to my favorite topic ” Magic of 140 Characters”. Looking forward to your views on this topic.