There have been 100’s of Conferences around Social Media and Branding. And to make it more interesting there have been CXO’s who were part of those panels, keynote speakers and so on. Lot of discussions, advice, and caution was set around various topics related to Social Media. Finally the Fad of Social is over, now it’s time to walk the talk. This helped me to come up with the biggest CXO LinkedIn Study.
No Jargon, No Gyan. Just wanted to find out if CXO’s are Managing or Ignoring Social Branding!!
200 CXO’s from diverse companies, spanning in size from startups to Fortune 500 companies were the base for this study. LinkedIn was the preferred channel for this study for the obvious reason. You would not find any of these CXO’s on Naukri or Monster.com. LinkedIn is the new classier networking site that is the first preference of CXO’s to have their profile on.
Does it mean that they are looking for a change!!! Well if they are not actively looking for change, but recruiters are surely looking for them. There is no doubt that this is a great place for professionals to connect and network. There is also a large section of candidates that are looking at LinkedIn profiles of such Leaders, of managers that they would be working with. Hence its even more important for these CXO’s to give the right message. To represent their company on Social Channels.
Their LinkedIn Profiles were studied and the following key points were included in this study:
– Do they have a LinkedIn Premium Profile!!
– Have they included their companies Website / Careers Website!!
– Have they synced / shared their Twitter Handle!!!
– Did these CXO’s include their companies Video / PDF on their Profile!!
– Do they follow their own company page on LinkedIn!!
– Have they included their Blog on LinkedIn Profile!! Do they Blog!!!
Now that the stage is set, let’s not beat around the bush. Let’s come directly to the results for these key points.
Looking for results!!! Well, before that, would like to know your views on the set of questions that were set for this study. Are your CXO’s Ignoring Social Branding!!! Have you covered the following key points that represent your company’s brand on LinkedIn? Is it important for CXO’s to include these points on their LinkedIn Profile!!!
Share your views by using #CXOsBranding on Twitter. The study results of 200 CXO’s will be soon shared here. So keep watching this space.
What is a Blog!!! There are various definitions around, but the one which caught my atention was ” Its a platform / Medium that give you an opportunity to share your thoughts / views and reach hundreds or even thousands of people” Blogging is what you do, what you do not do, and what you wish you had done when you did it. And this is what HR is all about. We are in an profession that does require us to interact on daily basis with employees, candidates stakeholders, leaders etc.
Blogging helps you to pen down these amazing experiences you have; its a way you can share and let out your emotions, thoughts, views and suggestions too. Blogging is a Platform that helps you share your experiences with your audience. Reasons for blogging are normally personal :) Some want to vent our their thoughts, some want to share their knowledge, some want to build their own brand, some might also want to earn money.
Most important part of Blogging is “PASSION to share and learn” You don’t need to be a great writer. You need to be just yourself when blogging. LinkedIn Publishing Platform is also a great place to start Blogging. The advantage is that for new bloggers, its a easy platform where you already have the audience in terms of your followers. Hence this can help you to start blogging. Blogging by nature is all about sharing your thoughts with the relevant audience. It does help in networking and learning new trends from the fellow bloggers.
Most important thing is start writing for yourself first. Pick topics you like to talk about. Once you gain confidence, do study what are the latest trends and then share your views on those topics. Start reading blogs and start with sharing your views via comments on those blogs and topics you like. This will help you to also connect and follow those influencers and will give you confidence to start with your blog.
Following is a video that talks about Basics of Blogging!! This show is done by Rakshita Dwivedi. Looking forward to your views on Blogging. Also do share your Blog if you already have a Blog.
Candy Crush!! Photos!!! Like!!
There is more to Facebook than what we all think. Everyone is one Facebook, Yes almost everyone. Let’s take a look at some data:
Facebook has more profiles than Any Job Portal and LinkedIn too.
Facebook has around 1.3 + billion accounts. This is where many say “So what’s in it for me”
Well, 108+ million People in India are on Facebook
Mumbai has 6+ million / Delhi 8+ million, Pune 3.6 million, Bangalore 4.4 million, Ahmedabad 1.4 million users
So after this data, would like to ask recruiters “Are you searching candidates via Facebook” If yes, great, if no – its never too late…start it :)
Following is a video that talks about Importance of Facebook Recruiting!! This show is done by Rakshita Dwivedi. Looking forward to your views on how you are using Facebook for Hiring.
23rd Dec 2009, was all set to have my own blog. Had been reading loads of blogs, commented and shared my views on them. But wanted to setup my own blog where I could share my thoughts, experience and what I learnt . Wanted to write as a layman for the audience; with no place for HR Jargon :) Did struggle on what should be the name of the blog, so did some research. But after a point of time thought that the idea of starting a blog was a random thought, as I was just wandering; so came up with the name ” Rambling Recruiter “. aka wandering recruiter :) This is how the amazing learning journey began.
One thing that I have learnt from Blogging is that “The more I share, the more I end up learning”. Blogging is all about sharing your passion with the audience. You don’t have to be a writer to start blogging. Just go ahead and pen down your thoughts about the subject you like.
I started my journey as a Sourcer and did enjoy every bit of it for 5 year. So my blogs did range from “Yes I’m Proud to be a “Sourcer” | Are you!!!! to Are you up for a Weekend Drive!! Then moved on to so called End to End Recruitment ;) So the focus of my blogs got shifted towards Recruitment. Those Include – “Sorry, It’s a BAD HIRE!!” to “Ways to bring down cost per hire!!!” During these 8 yrs in my career was always keen to learn new methods and techniques to search talent. This is where I developed my passion towards Social Media. Following are some of the blogs related to the amazing world of Social Media – “Have you identified your Social Media Ambassadors!!” Global List of HR TweetChats right here!!! & Dear HR, Recruiters, Sourcers are you missing this action on Twitter!!!
There were some blogs which were tough to write and more importantly tough to post too. The following blog did give me some sleepless nights. Was not sure if it can be posted and shared online. But then did go all out and shared it. Here is that Blog : India’s largest database of employees!!! Free!! Possible!!
So far it’s been a wonderful learning experience.
Would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone of you for the constant support and encouragement. Looking forward to the next 5 years and also towards contributing to some more interesting topics.
There have been lists and lists….. But what about a list of CXO’s!! They are top notch executives in their respective companies. Normally there is a myth that there are only a handful of Top Executives on Social Media. But when it comes to Twitter, we think that the list might be even shorter.
There was a time when it was almost impossible to reach or approach Head of Companies. But Social Media, especially Twitter has made it far more easy to follow, connect, learn and even interact with these CXO’s.
So let’s take a look at an exhaustive list of Indian CXO’s on Twitter.
– @ : Former Chairman of Tata Group
– @: Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra Group
– @ : HR Professional with more than 39 years work experience both in India and abroad.
– @ : CEO & MD, Infosys
– @ : Chief Learning Officer of Wipro
– @ : Global Head of HR for Business Transformation, IT & Chief Learning Officer at Philips
– @ : Group President -HR, JSW Group
– @ : Group President H.R, Essar Group
– @ : Director – Human Resources at Philips Healthcare
– @ : President &Group CHRO @ Reliance Industries (RIL)
– @ : SVP – Head Employee Engagement, Communication, Diversity, Transformation and Change Management at RIL
– @ : Head of HR- Indian Sub-continent at Philips
– @ : CHRO at Crompton Greaves
– @ : Head – Leadership Development at RIL
– @ : CEO – Carbon Black Business & Director Group HR of Aditya Birla Group
– @ : Chief HR officer at HeroMotoCorp
– @ : Global Head Talent Management at HCL
– @ : VP -SMG, MD – Intel South Asia
– @ : Country Head-Human Resources at Lafarge
– @ : Head Talent Acquisition-GE India
– @ : Talent Lead SapientNitro
– @ : Chief Learning Officer at Reliance
– @ : Chairman and Managing Director at The Raymond Ltd
– @ : CHRO and Emerging Geo SBU Head at MphasiS
– @ : Group Chief Human Resources Officer, TATA Sons
– @ : Global Head – HR at Polaris
– @ : Vice President – HR at Mahindra & Mahindra
– @ : Father of HR
– @ : Director, IBM Social Business & IBM
– @ : xCognizant [SVP/CIO & Head of Innovation,CKO]
– @ : Founder SHEROES.in
– @ : Vice President and Head of HR at Sutherland Global Services
– @ : Chief People Officer at WNS Global Services
– @ : Chief People Officer – Mahindra, Automotive and Farm Equipment Sectors
– @ : Chairman and Managing Director of Biocon
– @ : MD & CEO | Tech Mahindra
– @ : CEO, Kotak Mahindra Bank
– @ : Chairman, RPG Enterprises
– @ : Global Head Employer Branding at Infosys
– @ : Chief Marketing Officer – Auto Division, Mahindra & Mahindra
– @ : Chief Manager – Learning & Development
– @ : Director (Product Development, R&D) at Basware
– @ : President – Global Delivery & HP Channel Sales at Mphasis
– @ : VP HR Snapdeal
– @ : SVP & Head of BPO – Emerging Geographies at Mphasis
– @ : Vice President – HR, Mahindra & Mahindra – Auto & Farm Sector
– @ : CHRO at HCL
– @ : Practice Head – Diversity, Ethics, Sustainability, Coaching at TMTC
– @ : Former CEO HCL
– @ : Founder, HCL Chairman,IIT Patna
– @ : Head HR Snapdeal
– @ : VP HR for IBM India/South Asia
– @ : Vice Chairman & CEO at Zensar
PS: The list is in no particular order :)
This is an exhaustive list, so do feel free to add more CXO’s that are active on Twitter.
” Twitter is my personal Learning management system“. This is a small attempt to share some of the best HR TweetChats of 2014. Twitter has been an amazing learning tool. Was fortunate to connect and learn from some amazing HR influencers via Twitter. There have been some amazing Tweetchats that did make 2014 an amazing learning year for me.
It’s time for the the 3rd Part of Best of HR TweetChats 2014. For those you might have missed on the first two parts, can catch up with it right here:
Part 1 : #HRtrends
Part 2 : #ihrchat
Following are some of the interesting TweetChats Topics that were covered on #CHRDX in 2014