The reason for writing this post was, the other day I was on Naukri.com (India’s No 1 Job Portal, stats say it). It was a routine task of Job Posting, and I was almost done by submitting it on the site. But then there was a new window – Guess what, I had an option to publish my job posting on my social / professional networking sites.
Interesting.. Right? Wonder what made them to introduce this feature on a Job Portal.
Hope that this will provide more relevant profiles from this new feature.
I am still wondering – what made them to introduce this feature on a Job Portal 😉
Job Portals going social!!
It’s been 2 days since the launch of Google’s very own Social Networking Site. Some call it a killer of Facebook, some term it as heartbreak for Twitter. Well, its up to you to decide what u like it to be.
There have been numerous views, reviews, comments about Google Buzz. Some are positive, some not that encouraging. You might wonder this post too might give you a download of those reviews. Sorry to disappoint you, I am here to give u a background of what Google Buzz is all about.
– Google Buzz is a social integration and messaging tool by Google, designed to integrate into the company’s web-based email program, Gmail.
– Buzz allows users to choose to share publicly with the world or privately to a small group of friends each time they post. Picasa, Flickr, Google Reader, YouTube, Blogger, and Twitter are currently integrated.
– All you need to have is a Gmail account. Just Login, there will be a Buzz logo below your Inbox section
– Just enter it, and Buzz is on…………….
– It will show all your contacts, and also those who are following you (if your friends are already buzzing) and also those whom you can follow on Buzz.
– All you need to do is integrate sites like Twitter, Picasa, Flickr and other sites into your Buzz, and start sharing your links, pics, comments with your friends.
– Comments are updated – Real time, Yes Real Time.
– Why Use Buzz?
– It’s integrated with Gmail – so no need to invite friends, it automatically adds those people to your friends list.
– Buzz brings in Twitter, Picasa and Flickr
– You can tag locations and GPS co-ordinates on other social services
– It’s Google
– Its NEW, DIFFERENT
Although it’s just a start, but a good start. Go on, try it out.
It’s TWITTER…..NO ITS FACEBOOK………………..
Hang on, it’s GOOGLE BUZZ