There are HR events and more HR events. I am sure you would have attended many of them. Recently was fortunate to attend a HR Event that was organized by a bunch of passionate HR champs. The idea was about Co – Creating an “Empowered HR Community”. So, lets go ahead with some of the unique points that make this community different from others.
1) To foster fellowship amongst HR practitioners from varied Industry backgrounds.
2) To enhance professional development by interactive sharing sessions and experiential learning related to HR by accomplished professionals / leaders.
3) To acquire and continuously develop new knowledge and skills related to HR through research of latest technologies and best practices demonstrated by organizations
4) To co-operate with educational and research institutions in developing schemes of instruction in HR principles and practice, stimulating student participation in HR & management education and in the activities of HR Interact.
The Key Note Speaker of the event was Divyanshu Ganatra aka India’s first blind solo paraglider. Yes, you read it right. The audience was spell bound for almost 40 mins when Mr Ganatra took the stage. His experiences right from his struggle days to the moments when he became India’s first blind solo paraglider, to the moment when people said “How can blind people use or learn computers”, to “how it took him 7 years to find an instructor, but just 5 days to learn paragliding” One must be present in the room to hear him speak with such passion and conviction.
Post this inspiring key note from Divyanshu, it was time for the Mentor Mr Adi Raheja, a facilitator who is driven by the passion to enable individuals and organisations to discover their best selves. He does this through his writings, experiential workshops, inclusive consulting and group process facilitation. He introduced an interesting concept known as “World Cafe” A world café or knowledge café is a structured conversational process for knowledge sharing in which groups of people discuss a topic at several tables, with individuals switching tables periodically and getting introduced to the previous discussion at their new table by a “table host”.
Explore some interesting snapshots of this event. Always great to see 150 + passionate HR professionals participating and co – creating an empowered community.
For those who missed the event can explore the amazing insights right here : https://twitter.com/HR_interact
Good Luck to Team HR Interact : Dinesh Gupta, Sunil Kashikar, Sudesh Verma, Parag Mehta, Viju Gangadharan, Jashan Joshi, Anshuman Mukherjee, Sheben Rawat, Manish Pipalwa.
Looking forward to your views around HR Communities and how can we leverage it to make our HR community more engaged and empowered.
It’s time to explore the 3rd WhatsApp Learning Group. In case you missed the Previous 2 Groups, you can read it right here : MTHR and SourcingAdda . So this 3rd Group too is popular and is always buzzing with loads of discussions. It’s time to take a look at what this group is all about and how they manage to engage with the WhatsApp Community.
HR Shapers WhatsApp Community was started way back in Feb 2014. They do have 2-3 admins per groups, which is a great way to manage WhatsApp Groups. They also do meet offline once in a while. This helps them to engage and learn from the group members too. They do have daily topic discussions on the group and also allow professionals to join as an guest on the day of Whatsappinar to learn and interact from SME guest speakers. In case you wondering what a ” Whatsappinar” is all about, you can read this interesting blog by Dr Nitin Paranjape
So let’s look at the list of all the HR Shapers WhatsApp Groups.
1. HR Shapers G1 – 80 Members
2. HR Shapers G2 – 80 Members
3. HR Shapers G3 – 80 Member
4. HR Shapers G4 – 80 Member
5. HR Shapers G5 – 50 Member
6. Pune G1 HR Shapers – 100
7. Pune G2 HR Shapers – 90
8. Fun G1 HR Shapers – 95
9. Bangalore HR Shapers – 65
10. Delhi HR Shapers – 50
11. Survey HR Shapers – 50
12. Hyderabad HR Shapers – 20
13. Chennai HR Shapers – 10
14. Ahmedabad HR Shapers – 10
15. Kolkata HR Shapers – 10
16. Fun G2 HR Shapers – 5
17. Advisory Board HR Shapers
18. Middle East Asia (MEA) HR Shapers – 50
19. USA Canada Europe (UCE) HR Shapers – 20
20. South East Asia (SEA) HR Shapers – 10
Total = Around 600+ Members
They also have conducted the following 14 Whatsappinar via these groups.
- HR Compliance (Part I ) by Pratik Vaidya, MD – Karma Management Consultants (Full Day – Sept 2014)
- HR Compliance (Part II) by Pratik Vaidya, MD – Karma Management Consultants (Full Day – Dec 2014)
- Diversity and Inclusion by Dr Saundarya Rajesh, Founder – President of AVTAR Career Creators and FLEXI Careers India (Full Day – Jan 2015)
- HR Assessment Tools & Techniques by Sundara Rajan, Director – Market Search India and Thomas Assessments India (Half Day – Jan 2015)
- Immigration by Poorvi Chothani, Managing Partner – LawQuest (Full Day – Jan 2015)
- NLP by Bipin Mayekar, Corporate Trainer & NLP GOLD Master Trainer (Full Day – Feb 2015)
- Mind Map – Invisible Selling by Dharmendra Rai, Mumbai’s First Mind Map Trainer (Half Day – Feb 2015)
- Office Efficiency Dr Nitin Paranjape, Founder and CEO – Maxoffice Services Pvt Ltd & one of MVP – http://efficiency365.com (Full Day – Feb 2015)
- POSH and Sexual Harassment at Workplace by Basil Almeida, Consultant – McKinsey & Company (Full Day – March 2015)
- IWD (In’tl Women Day) 9 Women HR Leader – (Full Day – March 2015)
- Lesson from 2 World Youngest CEOs by Sanjay Kumaran and Sharavan Kumaran / Kumaran Surendran (Full Day – April 2015)
- D&I initiative for corporate on LGBT by Pallav Patankar, Director HIV Programs – The Humsafar Trust (Half Day – April 2015)
- Chanakya Philosophy and its relevance in today’s corporate world by Dr Radhakrishnan Pillai, Corporate Chanakya and Founder Director – Chanakya Institute of Public Leadership (Full Day – April 2015)
- Success Mantra – Personal branding, image Enhancement and impressive executive presence by Greeshma Thampi, Chief Image Consultant and Director at Avancé Image Management (Full Day – May2015)
- Innovation & Creativity by Dr Sunil Gupta, Chief Innovation Instigator – Ideas Management Consultants (Half Day – June 2015)
- Engaging employee through Gamification by Siddhesh Bhobe, CEO – eMee & Business Head – Persistent (Full Day – June 2015)
HR Shapers Pioneer in Crash Course Whatsappinar on Corporate Readiness for Students and Professors
1st Batch of Students – NL Dalmia and ifeel Institute – Overall 7 Students (June 2015)
1st Batch of Professor – Launching soon (June 2015)
In case you want to join this vibrant learning community, you can get in touch with Ashish Gakery
Do let us know if you are part of such interesting WhatsApp Learning Communities. This will help us to include them in our next blog post.