It’s been almost 3 years since I wrote this post “WhatsApp as Social Recruiting Tool!! You must be kidding!!!” Since there has been lot of insights, discussions, agreements, not so good agreements around how WhatsApp can help in Hiring. But as time went by, we did learn new ways to leverage it for social hiring.
Well, some might still say that the LinkedIn Posts about people asking for phone numbers and adding them as part of some technical or jobs group is crap. But what is right and what is wrong, who decides. If that so called approach works for them, so be it. At the end of the day, it’s a choice that people make to share their number of a public platform or not. So, moving on, I know us being into the hiring business, we are always surrounded by numbers, data, and reports. So here are some facts about WhatsApp that might help us to discuss more about how it can make an impact in the coming years in the space of social hiring.
So what have we learnt from this data!! https://goo.gl/a6bqev
– Out of 24 Active Social Platform, 11 of them at Messengers and FB Messenger and WhatsApp are comfortably sitting on 2nd and 3rd positions.
– As we move on there will be more and more new Internet Users and more active social media users
Coming on to the recent update that the entire world is talking about is the WhatsApp Status Update. Some are happy, some not. But how do you think it can help us as hiring professionals!!!
Here are some examples that we might be able to leverage and a tiny wish list from a passionate hiring professional of how WhatsApp can change the social hiring space:
– Can recruiters share interesting stories around their company updates via photos? I am sure many recruiters would have create a dedicated hiring group on WhatsApp. This is a great opportunity to share in stories via this new update
– In case companies have created an internal WhatsApp group, they too can leverage this update of sharing stories around workplace, updates, celebrations etc.
So now moving on to the wish list of a recruiter for WhatsApp teams:
– Imagine a dedicated Company Group (Official Page) on WhatsApp, where in companies can showcase their work, their culture, their events, their hiring needs, their awards etc. (WeChat already has this option)
– There is no doubt that we are all more active on WhatsApp than on any other social platform, so it would surely be a win win situation for all Corporates, WhatsApp team and prospective candidates, audience and followers to explore this option.
– It also makes a good business sense for WhatsApp to monetize this platform and also help Corporates to reach more and more candidates on real time basis.
Would be interesting to know your views on whether a dedicated company page on WhatsApp will help us as hiring professionals to tap in prospective candidates. Feel free to share your views.
Happy (Social) Hiring
Just 140 characters!!
It was time for 1000+ HR folks to gather at the biggest HR event aka SHRM Annual Conference. 2 days of non-stop learning, sharing and connecting with passionate and inspiring HR folks. The discussions were not just restricted within the 4 walls of the conference room. They went viral all over Social Media Platforms. Twitter being the most happening place of all and guess what #SHRMI16 was trending on Twitter within 60 mins of the event being opened.
So let’s take a look at some of the interesting discussions that happened at the event in just 140 characters :
Learning never stops. So why stop exploring more tweets 🙂 Go on and share your feedback, insights, views and inputs around this interesting theme : Dare a Bold New HR 🙂
So, what are you waiting for. Go ahead, explore these and many more of such BOLD tweets on #SHRMI16.
Who would have thought that 140 characters could change the way we communicate. Who would have imagined that we could connect, learn and share via 140 characters. And most important part, who would have thought that we as companies and HR folks could leverage this amazing platform to broadcast, share, connect and promote.
What do you actually do on Twitter? What is the ROI of investing time on Twitter?
I have got this questions a dozen of times. Earlier I would sincerely explain them the entire stuff, right from how it helps you build your brand, how you can connect and learn from like minded folks spread across the globe, how it helps us as HR professionals to learn about latest trends, how they can learn loads by participating in various HR Tweetchats. Well, that was past. Now I just say “It helped me get my current and previous job”
Enough of bragging 🙂 Twitter is surely an amazing platform only for those who really want to invest in self learning.
Following are some interesting insights from Twitter Influencers as to how has Twitter helped them :
To add to these amazing insights, hope these blogs would also encourage and motivate you to explore the amazing world of Twitter 🙂
So what are you waiting for!!! Do go ahead and explore the “Magic of 140 characters”