What is a Blog!!! There are various definitions around, but the one which caught my atention was ” Its a platform / Medium that give you an opportunity to share your thoughts / views and reach hundreds or even thousands of people” Blogging is what you do, what you do not do, and what you wish you had done when you did it. And this is what HR is all about. We are in an profession that does require us to interact on daily basis with employees, candidates stakeholders, leaders etc.
Blogging helps you to pen down these amazing experiences you have; its a way you can share and let out your emotions, thoughts, views and suggestions too. Blogging is a Platform that helps you share your experiences with your audience. Reasons for blogging are normally personal 🙂 Some want to vent our their thoughts, some want to share their knowledge, some want to build their own brand, some might also want to earn money.
Most important part of Blogging is “PASSION to share and learn” You don’t need to be a great writer. You need to be just yourself when blogging. LinkedIn Publishing Platform is also a great place to start Blogging. The advantage is that for new bloggers, its a easy platform where you already have the audience in terms of your followers. Hence this can help you to start blogging. Blogging by nature is all about sharing your thoughts with the relevant audience. It does help in networking and learning new trends from the fellow bloggers.
Most important thing is start writing for yourself first. Pick topics you like to talk about. Once you gain confidence, do study what are the latest trends and then share your views on those topics. Start reading blogs and start with sharing your views via comments on those blogs and topics you like. This will help you to also connect and follow those influencers and will give you confidence to start with your blog.
Following is a video that talks about Basics of Blogging!! This show is done by Rakshita Dwivedi. Looking forward to your views on Blogging. Also do share your Blog if you already have a Blog.
It’s been 2 days since the launch of Google’s very own Social Networking Site. Some call it a killer of Facebook, some term it as heartbreak for Twitter. Well, its up to you to decide what u like it to be.
There have been numerous views, reviews, comments about Google Buzz. Some are positive, some not that encouraging. You might wonder this post too might give you a download of those reviews. Sorry to disappoint you, I am here to give u a background of what Google Buzz is all about.
– Google Buzz is a social integration and messaging tool by Google, designed to integrate into the company’s web-based email program, Gmail.
– Buzz allows users to choose to share publicly with the world or privately to a small group of friends each time they post. Picasa, Flickr, Google Reader, YouTube, Blogger, and Twitter are currently integrated.
– All you need to have is a Gmail account. Just Login, there will be a Buzz logo below your Inbox section
– Just enter it, and Buzz is on…………….
– It will show all your contacts, and also those who are following you (if your friends are already buzzing) and also those whom you can follow on Buzz.
– All you need to do is integrate sites like Twitter, Picasa, Flickr and other sites into your Buzz, and start sharing your links, pics, comments with your friends.
– Comments are updated – Real time, Yes Real Time.
– Why Use Buzz?
– It’s integrated with Gmail – so no need to invite friends, it automatically adds those people to your friends list.
– Buzz brings in Twitter, Picasa and Flickr
– You can tag locations and GPS co-ordinates on other social services
– It’s Google
– Its NEW, DIFFERENT
Although it’s just a start, but a good start. Go on, try it out.
It’s TWITTER…..NO ITS FACEBOOK………………..
Hang on, it’s GOOGLE BUZZ