Mother, Our Life Line
Posted by ramblingrecruiter
Celebrating Mother’s Day is a very modern world concept but a noble one. Moms have always been our lifeline, our support, our mentors, our best friends. We celebrate Mother’s Day this May 8th , since this day is absolutely close to my heart, I thought of sharing some workday ideas with the readers which are easy to implement.
Following are a list of idea that can be implemented very easily and will surely have a positive impact at workplace :
– A thank you note from the CEO or HR sent across to all working moms. This is a great way of reinstating your belief in them and letting them know how much they mean to the organization and how they are an integral part of your growth story
– If possible frame their Family portrait at their desk, nice surprise for them at the start of their day will just do wonders and make them smile for sure.
–Invite their family members, especially their kids to office and let them see their work-spaces, meet their office friends and mingle with their peers, colleagues and bosses. Good way of integrating the extended family. You could also have a fun photo booth for the families, they can carry those memories back with them
– Organize a special lunch for all the working moms, if possible, tie-up with different outlets which can offer them discount on products, services. As I am sure, this group wouldn’t mind extra pampering and love.
– If possible invite a keynote speaker who can talk to them about career aspirations, work-life balance and the group can share tips with each other.
– A perfect occasion to launch Day Care Center if at all your company is planning to set it. This can also be a very great retention tool.
Ideally each day needs to be celebrated as “Mothers Day” as they are special. However we tend to forget to appreciate people and relationships on daily basis. This is a good reminder for us to start afresh again.
These are general tips, I am sure there are many more like these. Looking forward to your views around these workday ideas.