Many of you must be already aware of it, and many of you must be also using it. Well, the reason for writing this post is to give a background about twitter (some tips), and also to share some tips to use it (Will it help us? What’s in it for me? How will it help me? Etc)
Also through this post wanted to know your views about Twitter, you might also have some things to share, your experiences (good or not so good) about Twitting. This is mainly for sharing the know how of twitter.
What is Twitter?
-Twitter enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets
PS: Twitter is very popular amongst various Professionals, Companies and also amongst Celebrities. (This includes you :))
You must be wondering, what’s this entire buzz about twitter.
What’s in it for me?
Well, a simple answer to it is, consider this as a Mobile phone, you have limited characters (140), you can write your messages, publish it to your friends (followers), it has a huge visibility factor, its free (just need an internet connection / or mobile)
It’s a channel through you can share your opinions, feedback, views, ideas etc. You can follow thousands of users and get into discussions. It’s also a tool to promote your self, your company, your skills etc.
Some tips regarding usage of Twitter:
– Use the search option on twitter as much as possible
– This helps you to decide who / what to follow
– It is not necessary for you to read every tweet 😉
– Use your space to highlight your blogs, ideas, views on topics of your interest
– Also at times try to know what people like or have interest in ( This brings a human effect )
– Follow industry leaders in your domain (I am sure that they must also have a twitter account ;))
– Promote Your Work/Company. You can have separate accounts, personal and professional, if privacy is an issue.
– If you like some tweets, just put “RT @name” in front of their tweet and post it yourself ( Retweet)
– You can integrate your LinkedIn account with Twitter. Also can use the application on Facebook.
Tools for searching what’s on Twitter: (Just a few out of the long list)
Million Dollar question….. What’s in it for my business or Company?
One of the answers to this question is…
Twitter Earns Dell $6.5 Million in Sales
Quiet interesting, isn’t it.
I am running out of more characters right now (just kidding). I am eagerly waiting for your tweets and feedback (comments) regarding this post.