Hey, how to get resumes from Twitter?
Twitter is very complicated!!!
Do we actually get resumes on Twitter?
All one needs to ask was, “Are you on Twitter?” The answer is -“No I am not on Twitter”
This is a typical problem that Recruiters / HR / Sourcers face and end up either not joining Twitter or end up not using Twitter.
In an ideal situation, Recruiters / HR / Sourcers must not Join Twitter (Just) to look for resumes. You might be surprised to here this statement. Well, there are many reasons to join Twitter other than looking for candidates. As they say you can’t learn swimming by reading a book, you need to get into the pool. Same is the case with Twitter. You need to be on Twitter to experience it. So, your next question is for what should we join Twitter for?
- Build your Brand (Individual / Company)
- Follow HR Leaders, Fellow Recruiters, CEO’s, Company’s Twitter Account
- Ask questions related to any technology, hiring process, new methods of hiring / you can also answers questions based on your experience.
- Dont just keep on posting jobs on Twitter, keep it going but at times its just too much.
We as recruiters are programmed to use social platforms such as a Job Portal. Twitter is not a Job Portal. Self Learning is a key, and one can only grow if one is willing to learn. . I’m not selling Twitter to Recruiters, but just trying to say that there is also a different side to Twitter. All you need to do is invest some quality time.
Looking forward to your views on this topic.
Originally posted on Let's Talk about Human Resources:
I was in conversation with an Intern recently and this how it went:
Me: Which area have you chosen for your intern-ship?
Her: Because I like it!
Me: What’s so great about recruitment? Doesn’t it get monotonous after a while?
Her: Yes, then I can shift in HR.
Me: What is HR according to you?
Her: Motivating employees by Performance Management, providing them incentives, perks, salaries etc.
Me: What else?
Me: Any non monetary ways to motivate employees you know of?
Me: You can take a minute to think.
Her: *still blank*; Don’t know!
Me: That’s HR!
Her: *surprised* !!!!!
Human Resource is a tough job, no doubts about that. You’ve to cater to so many employees at the same time. Moreover, the management thinks you are siding with employees and the employees tag you as management’s…
View original 130 more words
140 Characters of magical world. Twitter has surely given HR Professionals a great place to connect, engage, learn and share with fellow Professionals. As a HR professional, one can gain immense knowledge by just joining various TweetChats, Webinars, Twangout etc. All one needs to have is a Twitter Account.
So Dear HR, Recruiters, Sourcers, do you have a Twitter Account!! If yes, lets take a look at some of the most amazing TweetChats that take place on Twitter. If you don’t have a Twitter Account, you are surely missing on a lot of action that is taking place on Twitter. So what are you waiting for, Open your Twitter Account Right now and follow these Hashtags.
1) #SourcingChat : This is the latest entrant in the world of TweetChats. Its also know as India’s first TweetChat for Sourcing Professionals. Its a great platform for all Talent Acquisition Professionals (Recruiters and Sourcers) to collaborate and share insights on Twitter. It happens on 1st Wed of every month.
2) #hrtrends: PlugHR sets up & runs HR department for companies for a fixed subscription bringing in the best HR practices,across sectors in 7 Indian Cities. They have Twitter Chats which Occurs every Thursday at 4:00pm IST
3) #indiahrchat : #IndiaHRchat is a monthly twitter chat aimed at creating conversation with/for the Indian HR community and those interested in the region. It occurs at 7 PM IST, 8.30 AM EST, 1.30 PM GMT on the last Wednesday of every month.
5) #IndiaHRLIVE – Is there a LIVE TV Channel for #HR Professionals!!! The answers is YES :) @IndiaHRLive Broadcasts LIVE video interviews & Panel discussions twice a month on Tuesday’s 8 pm IST.
6) #Chrdx – This is also yet another TweetChat that involves chats on various HR related topics. It occurs last week of every month.
7) #TalkingMatters - This is People Matters Radio Show Talking Matters. You can join in First Friday of every month!
You can also check the power of some of these Tweetchats right here – http://ow.ly/xEoWl
So what are you waiting for X-MAS ;) Go on, explore the amazing world of Twitter.
Are you on Twitter!! If yes there is good news for you. If you are not on Twitter, this is the right time for you to join the amazing world of 140 characters. Twitter is all set to impress its 500+ million users around the globe. Yes, I am talking about Twitter’s New Profile Design. So will this new design give more information about you to your followers!! Will it be more user friendly!! Will it increase your number of followers!!! Well, time will only tell.
So let’s look at what will you get as part of the new profile design. We are all aware of the concept of Cover Page, right. Thanks to Facebook. So Twitter too has been inspired by it and now gives it users to put a large cover page as part of the profile. This is just the start. Let’s take a look at some more additions that will impress you.
- Your Best Tweets: The new design will make sure that the tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Get Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
- Pinned Tweet: Just like you were able to Pin a status message on Facebook Groups, Twitter will also give you a chance to Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
Let’s look at how the new profile actually looks like :
So as you can see, the followers can now see the pinned tweet, favorite tweets by the user and also when did this user actually joined the amazing world of twitter.
So are you impressed by this new look!! Will this help encourage more people to join !! Well, hope so. Twitter is an amazing place where one can Connect, Learn, Share and Engage with amazing Recruiters, Sourcers, Industry experts, HR Professionals, Technology Experts. Think of the kind of knowledge all of these experts have and best part is that they are already sharing it on Twitter. Needless to say that all you have to do is follow them.
So what are you waiting for? Join in the amazing world of Twitter. Also looking forward to your views and comments about Twitter’s new design.
You must have heard companies using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube for Employer Branding. Right!!! Well, here’s a new social Channel that can be used for Employee Branding. Pinterest is technically not a new platform, it will be completing 4 years this march. You can also check my previous post “Have you branded yourself on the latest craze – Pinterest” that was posted last year.
So from Feb 2013 to Feb 2014 things have changed and improved. Companies have started using Pinterest to promote their product and services. Companies have found a way to highlight their work, employees, products, domain etc on Pinterest. Can you showcase your company Culture Online!!!!! Yes, you can. Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media sites.You can also use Pinterest as a recruiting tool by showcasing what it’s like to work at your organization and even how to apply and open jobs. You must be looking for some examples, right!!
- EY is a good example where they have created Boards such as EY Infographics, EY Strategic Growth Forum, Life at EY, EY our History and so on.
What does these Board do to you as a audience!!It surely brings out a visual treat and highlights Company Culture Online. As a candidate you would like to see what’s it like to work in your next company. Images do play a vital role in human minds. Me not a psychiatrist, but can surely say that people do like to see visual images.
Here are some more boards that one can create on Pinterest :
- Join our team (How to apply)
- Job search tips, such as how to network or how to prepare for an interview
- LinkedIn / Twittter / Facebook page links
- Company blog ,Current events , news about your organization
- Leadership Page.
The choice is yours as you can create boards that suits your companies strategy. Content is already available on your company Website, all you need to do is identify them and present it visually to the audience.
Looking forward to your views on this interesting tool. Hope to see you on Pinterest.
Lets connect on Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/kunjal13/
My #Blogging Annual Report – 2013 #wordpress #Recruiter #HR #Recruitment #Socialmedia
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 8,100 times in 2013. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 7 trips to carry that many people.